Today we have another awesome guest post and this one comes from the extremely knowledgeable Amanda from SkincareHQ.org who is sharing her thoughts on how to treat and get rid of dark circles and under eye puffiness.
Under Eye Issues: How To Get Rid of Dark Circles and Puffiness
There are a number of ways that you can get rid of dark circles and puffiness under your eyes. You can use all natural remedies, or special beauty products designed specifically for removing those under eye issues. Temporarily, you can cover up your dark circles and reduce your puffiness through the use of varying cosmetic products. Today we will take a look at all of this different ways at getting rid of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes, whether temporarily or permanently.
Sometimes reaching for an all natural solution is your best bet. There are a number of items you can use to help get rid of those dark circles and puffiness. Just a few examples include:
- Cucumber slices placed over the entire eye (helps to remove redness from your actual eye also)
- Drink plenty of water (staying hydrated can reduce both puffiness and dark circles)
- Place cotton balls soaked in ice cold milk over either eye
- Get enough sleep (lack of sleep can cause both problems, so ensuring enough sleep each night can help to take it away)
- Gently rubbing ice cubes beneath the eyes can reduce the swelling that causes puffiness (do not overdo it, however, because placing a cold product directly on your skin for too long can also cause problems)
There are a number of eye creams that can help to minimize or get rid of your dark under eye circles and puffiness. Below are three good examples of what specific creams to pick up for best results.
- Revitol Eye Cream: This product helps to keep your skin smooth and young looking by reducing wrinkles, getting rid of under eye circles, reducing puffiness, and otherwise generally performing miracles.
- MAC Fast Response Eye Cream: This cream works to show you immediate results. It erases puffiness and dark circles in moments, while at the same time soothes, and softens the skin around the eyes. It also works like magic to fade away lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
- Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Eye Cream: Smooths out even the deepest lines, gets rid of puffiness and dark circles, and helps to restore the skins youthful elasticity.
Covering It Up
While you wait for your favorite beauty product or all natural remedy to work it’s wonders, you can always cover up your puffiness and dark circles. All it takes is a little bit of color corrector and concealer.
When choosing a color corrector, you need to remember that green colors will neutralize redness, so color correctors with green tones would be perfect for lighter skin tones. People with darker skin should go for orange or bisque tones. To use, just apply a little bit of color corrector beneath the eye, and rub in.
You should choose a concealer in a color closest to your own natural skin tone. Concealer should be applied after a color corrector, and in the very same way. For best results, you should remember to follow this pattern when it comes to facial makeup: color corrector, concealer, foundation, powder, bronzer, blush.
So that’s it! It’s easier than you thought to get rid of (or cover up) those annoying dark circles and puffiness beneath your eye, right? Have something more to say about the topic? Let us know in the comments below! We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
Author Bio: Amanda is a skin care fanatic and author of SkincareHQ.org which recently featured an article on the Best Foundation for Oily Skin. Aside from writing, Amanda is an avid traveller and one day hopes to live in Italy. Questions or comments for Amanda? Feel free to connect with her @Skincare_HQ on Twitter!