The Christmas holiday season can often be hectic and stressful, with little time left for pampering. However, with a little careful preparation and thought, you can look fresh, healthy and fabulous throughout the busy festive time. Here are ten tips to help you look – and feel – great!
1. Drink lots of water! Over the holiday season your alcohol consumption may increase and you’ll be rushing around from place to place – it’s very easy to become dehydrated and feel ill as a consequence. By keeping hydrated you’ll not only feel great, you’ll help your skin look fresh and full of vitality too! Two litres or more per day should do the trick nicely.
2. Get yourself pampered and preened with the regular use of body scrubs. Not only does scrubbing help stimulate circulation, you will find that moisturisers and tanning products are more readily absorbed. It’ll feel great too!
3. If endless parties and trips to the in-laws leave you feeling washed out, why not restore a healthy glow with the use of a good quality fake tan? You’ll look vibrant and could even get a big confidence boost from all the compliments!
4. Look after your lips. Chances are, you’ll be kissing friends and relatives a lot over the festive season, and chapped lips are a big no! Apply lip gloss or lipstick with built-in SPF protection and you’ll look fabulous and enticing wherever you go.
5. Some of you may be lucky enough to be heading for sunnier climes for a festive holiday. Don’t forget to pack the sunscreen; by protecting your skin and staying sun-savvy, you’ll ward off any threat of sunburn and leave your body looking flawless and tanned. Make sure you choose a brand with UVA and UVB protection for the best protection.
6. If you’ve got a nagging spot, don’t let it blemish your holiday – apply some natural witch hazel and you’ll find the redness reduced in a couple of hours. With party food and drinks increasing the chances of an outbreak, keep a stock of witch hazel handy and ensure your skin looks fresh and healthy this Christmas. Don’t forget to carry some concealer with you too – it doesn’t take up much space in your bag and it’ll help hide any little issues that may arise!
7. If you’re preparing a meal at home, make sure you pack in plenty of fresh greens and healthy vegetables. Christmas is synonymous with indulgence and repeated heavy meals can leave you feeling bloated and less than your best. Add almonds and walnuts for a natural feel-good factor. Above all, limit the amount of oily foods you consume, as these can play havoc with your skin.
8. Fancy slipping into that favourite little black dress but can’t quite manage it? Try a detox body wrap – simply soak the product’s bandages in hot water, apply to the right area, and you will see results almost instantly – a real confidence booster!
9. If your hairstyle has gone flat and needs an instant volume lift, try the old trick of applying a little talc to the roots – it will provide a quick lift and can also get rid of any excessive oils or grease on your scalp; a double boost!
10. Don’t neglect your feet – with parties, family affairs and last minute shopping you could find yourself stood up for hours on end. Treat yourself with a foot massage and remove any hard skin with pumice stones. Pop on some moisturiser to complete the job and leave your feet feeling great again.
Leave a Reply