There’s a new brand in town going by the name of Makeup Revolution which is being sold as a range of game-changing products that are “developed to professional standards but at purse friendly prices”. On first impressions the range is extremely comprehensive and really does cover pretty much everything you can think of in a make-up product; there are also some great rivals to more expensive brands and even the packaging is attractive and doesn’t scream ‘cheap’ like a lot of similarly priced brands do.
It’s too soon for me to review the range as I haven’t had a chance to have a proper play with the products, but I thought I’d give you a heads-up on what’s coming and give you an idea of prices too. Here’s the current product line-up:
- Amazing Lip Care – 5 shades, £3 each
- 100 Eyeshadow Palette – 1 edit, £12
- Kajal Liner – 1 shade, £2
- Amazing Eye Liner (liquid) – 1 shade, £1.50
- Focus & Fix Eye Brow Shaping Kit – 2 shades, £2.50 each
- Focus & Fix Eye Primer (3 variants: Original, Brighten and Matte) – £2.50 each
- Lip Power lip duos (lipstick one end, gloss the other) – 6 shades, £3 each
- Awesome Eye Shadow and Eyebrow Palette (14 eye shadows, 2 brow shadows) – 4 edits, £4 each
- Awesome Metal Eye Foils – 5 shades, £5 each
- Amazing Lip Gloss – 6 shades, £1 each
- Amazing Sheer Lip Gloss Tubes – 10 shades, £1 each
- The One Foundation – 16 shades, £4 each
- The Matte Effect Foundation – 8 shades, £2 each
- Amazing Volume Mascara – 1 shade, £2
- Amazing Lengthening Mascara – 1 shade, £1.50
- Amazing Curling Mascara – 1 shade, £2
- Nail Polish – 40 shades, £1 each
- Glitter Nail Polish – 10 shades, £1.50 each
- The One Concealer – 3 shades, £3 each
- Liquid Concealer – 3 shades, £1.50 each
- Amazing Eye Shadow – 46 shades, £1 each
- Pure Pigment – 25 shades, £1 each
- Salvation Intense Lip Gloss – 7 shades, £3 each
- Salvation Intense Velvet Lip Gloss (matte finish) – 7 shades, £3 each
- Amazing Baked Merged Eyeshadows – 8 shades, £1.50 each
- Eye Shadow Palettes – 11 edits, £4 each (I need to double check these as I don’t have the press release for them, but I think there are 11 variants in total)
As you can see, it’s quite a small launch…and these are just what I’ve got press releases for! There are also blushers, bronzers and highlighters, all of which are just registering off the top of my head, so it’s likely I’ve missed more.
The products I’m most excited about are the palettes (I have one that I will definitely be reviewing soon – if it’s as good as it appears on first swatch then expect to get very excited very quickly!) the Amazing Lip Care which are lipstick pigments surrounded by a thick layer of Argan Oil, the Awesome Metal Eye Foils because I love metallic eyes and even though the shade edit is quite small (currently; I’m sure that’ll all change soon) it’s a good selection of flattering hues that I can see people snapping up quickly and lastly The One Concealer which is extremely creamy – I gave it a quick swatch at the event and it was much creamier than I expected.
I can see the palettes being the most popular as there’s such a great selection and something for everyone, plus some very good takes on nude edits which I see happily rivaling the likes of Naked and iDivine. Where Makeup Revolution have other similar brands beaten is their shade range; they haven’t gone for crowd-pleasing shades as you might expect (although there are plenty of those too) but they’ve instead ensured a lot of bright shades are included in the launch – for both eyes and lips – so I can see the arrival of this line going down very well in the make-up world.
I just really hope it delivers and I’ll let you know my thoughts soon! Makeup Revolution arrives in Superdrug on 9th April 2014, but you can start buying now at their online store here – link.