The Vichy Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Booster is one of those iconic and much-loved products that’s been around for a while but still gets talked about frequently due to how effective it is; it’s a great example of a product that’s relatively simple but works so well and for a number of skin types – in fact, I was go as far as to say that I don’t think there are many skin types who wouldn’t benefit from using this beautifully hydrating serum, so I thought I’d put together a little list of five different ways you can use it:
- Obviously the most obvious one to kick-off the list with is as a traditional serum, which you would apply during your skincare routine after cleansing, before moisturising, to give your skin a boost of hydration.
- If your skin is struggling with dehydration and/or sensitivity then you can use this as a hydrating mask, just by applying it in a thicker layer all over and leaving it to sink in for as long as you like, even overnight. You can also apply it early in the evening in this fashion, then top-up with a thicker layer before bed.
- Mineral 89 works really well as a base for tanning drops, particularly if you often end up with streaks as this is a really loose serum that glides around the skin, so it’s ideal for mixing with fake tan to get a really even finish.
- Because this is soothing, cooling and hydrating, it works really well as an aftersun, both on the face and elsewhere – I’ve used it on patches that I’ve failed to effectively protect (such as the skin around my middle arms which catch the sun when I’m driving) and it works beautifully.
- Finally, for all the reasons mentioned above, this works wonderfully as a buffer for strong actives such as retinol, particularly for those who are new to the ingredient. Use this before you apply your retinol and give your skin time to get used to it, then you can swap them over (apply retinol before) when you think your skin is ready.
Vichy Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Booster is available now from a variety of outlets, and currently available in two sizes. Both Feelunique – link – and Lookfantastic – link – have promos on, so now is a great time to grab a bottle. Also, keep your eyes open for the newest member of the family the Vichy Mineral 89 Probiotic Fractions which we’ll hopefully be getting in the UK soon!
Disclosure: Unpaid ad – PR Samples